A) REQUIREMENTS TO RENT A CAR
- The minimum age to rent a car is 25 years old. There is no maximum age limit.
- The customer and any additional driver must present a valid original driver’s license with a photo. The driver’s license must be valid at the time of rental and remain valid during the rental period. Veico Car Rental reserves the right to verify and accept driver’s licenses according to the company’s established standards and to deny rental if the document does not meet the requirements, is illegible, or has erasures or corrections.
- In addition to the driver’s license, a second official photo ID (IFE/INE credential or passport) must be presented.
- Proof of address (water, electricity, or landline phone bill) with a maximum age of three months.
- Personalized credit or debit card (in the name of the rental holder) for payment of the rental.
- Credit card for the security deposit. Only customers with driver’s licenses from the United States or Canada can use a debit card to make the deposit, provided that the card is issued by a US or Canadian bank. In all cases, the cards must be personalized in the name of the rental holder. Veico Car Rental does not accept cash deposits. See deposit amounts.
- It is important to note that Veico Car Rental requires that both the driver’s license and the credit card and identification (IFE/INE credential or passport) have a minimum age of one year.
- Veico Car Rental reserves the right to decline the reservation, and therefore, the vehicle rental if the renter does not satisfactorily meet the requirements to carry out the commercial operation.
B) ACCEPTED CARDS
Veico Car Rental accepts Visa, Mastercard and American Express cards for security deposits and/or to cover the cost of the rental. Veico Car Rental reserves the right to accept or not accept certain bank credit cards from special programs, in poor condition, or illegible. WE DO NOT ACCEPT CREDIT CARDS ISSUED BY DEPARTMENT STORES OR THE FOLLOWING INSTITUTIONS: BANCO AZTECA, ALBO, CORU, HEY, JEEVES, KAPITAL, NU, RAPPI, VEXI, AS WELL AS ANY OTHER CREDIT CARD ISSUED BY DIGITAL BANKS
C) RESERVATIONS AND PREPAYMENTS
- Unlike other car rental companies, at Veico Car Rental we do not oversell our inventory. Every time a customer reserves a car, that unit is removed from inventory and cannot be reserved by another person. That is why we require all reservations to be guaranteed by partial or full payment.
- When you make a partial or full prepayment, not only can you be sure that the reserved car will be waiting for you upon arrival, but you will also be protected against any price increases.
- You can prepay your reservation directly on veico.com or by phone using a bank card. The prepaid amounts will be deducted from the total amount of your reservation. In the case of partial prepayments, the remaining balance will be indicated in the reservation confirmation email and must be settled at check-in.
- When you make a prepayment online, by phone or through payment links, the name of the reservation’s customer must correspond to the name of the cardholder. Only this person can pick up the car at our branch. It will be necessary to physically present the card used for payment, as well as the identification documents required by Veico Car Rental.
- For the security of our customers and to prevent fraud, it is not possible to prepay reservations through our website, by phone or through payment links, for reservations under the name of a person different from the cardholder. Only reservations paid for by a third party will be allowed if the cardholder is physically present to make the transaction at any of our offices.
- Any prepayment made for reservations where the cardholder’s name and the customer’s name on the reservation are different, may be canceled by Veico Car Rental without prior notice and without liability to the company. In such cases, a full refund will be issued to the original payment method.
- Reservations not guaranteed by partial or full payment are accepted subject to availability. If the reserved car is still available on the rental day, it will be provided with the prices and conditions stated in your reservation. We only guarantee the delivery of reserved cars if there is a guarantee through partial or full payment. The company assumes no responsibility for the cancellation of reservations subject to availability.
D) CHANGES, CANCELLATIONS AND REFUNDS
- If the type of rate contracted allows it, any changes or cancellations to your reservation can be made/requested through our telephone customer service number (33) 4160.0888.
- Classic Rate: To obtain a full refund, any cancellation or change must be requested at least 24 hours prior to the original pick-up time. If you do not show up to pick up the car at the established time or if you request the cancellation/change with less than 24 hours’ notice, a penalty equivalent to one day’s rent will be applied. The remaining amount will be refunded to the original payment method.
- Smart Rate: To obtain a full refund, any cancellation or change must be requested at least 48 hours prior to the original pick-up time. If you do not show up to pick up the car at the established time or if you request the cancellation/change with less than 48 hours’ notice, a penalty equivalent to two days’ rent will be applied. The remaining amount will be refunded to the original payment method.
- Reservations under the “Light” rate are non-refundable, however, a credit valid for one year for the total amount paid will be granted as long as cancellation is made at least 48 hours in advance.
- Reservations guaranteed by partial or full prepayment will remain active throughout the business day or until the pick-up office closes. Non-prepaid reservations will only be available until the established pick-up time.
- Veico Car Rental reserves the right to cancel any reservation at its sole discretion and without any liability to the company when the client has not provided the required information at the time of the online request; When the client cannot be located at the contact phone numbers provided; as well as when, due to force majeure, the company cannot provide the service. In all cases, the customer will receive a 100% refund of payments made.
E) CREDIT CARD AUTHORIZATION HOLD POLICY (SECURITY DEPOSIT POLICY)
For your security, we do not accept deposits in cash in any currency or through bank transfer. The deposits that support the rental agreement will only be received through credit cards, in which a pre-authorization will be requested for the amount of the deposit. At the end of the rental, if there is no amount to be charged, the pre-authorization will be canceled, and a receipt of such cancellation will be given to you. Once the pre-authorization (deposit) is canceled, it generally takes banks 2 to 5 business days to release the blocked amount.
The amount of the deposit depends on the reserved car, as stipulated in the following table*.
|Economy – Compact||10,000 MXN|
|Compact Mini-Vans / Mini-Vans||16,000 MXN|
*The above deposit amounts are valid for all branches except Cancún, where the deposit is MXN$6,000 for Economy, Compact, Intermediate, Full-Size categories and $8,000 for SUVs and Minivans.
F) AVAILABILITY CONFIRMATION
At Veico Car Rental, we do not engage in overselling. However, since we receive reservations from different channels and more than one person may be trying to book the same car at the same time, the inventory displayed on our website may not always be accurate. That is why every web reservation is subject to availability confirmation by the company. Veico Car Rental will notify you within the next 24 hours after receiving the reservation if the reserved car is not available. In case your reservation has to be canceled due to unavailability, you will receive a full refund of any amount paid.
G) ADDITIONAL DRIVERS
Additional drivers must be over 25 years of age and must present a valid driver’s license. The additional driver will be subject to the same obligations as the main customer regarding the use of the vehicle and will also be jointly responsible with the main customer for third-party and/or the rental car liability.
Additional drivers will generate a charge per day of MXN$116.00. Prices include taxes.
H) RETURNING THE VEHICLE IN OTHER CITY (“DROP-OFF” o “ONE-WAY”)
This charge is additional, independent of the cost of the car rental and any other applicable charge and varies depending on the distance between cities. This charge does not include parking costs, valet parking, or any similar service used by the customer to leave the vehicle. Regardless of whether your rate allows you to make changes to the dates of your reservation, if you request to drop-off the vehicle to another city, changes to the date or time of return of the car are not allowed.
|To/From||Guadalajara||Cancun||Colima||Leon||Mexico City||Puerto Vallarta||Mazatlan||Manzanillo|
Gasoline is not included in the rental price. The vehicle must be returned with the same level of gasoline it was received according to what is stipulated in the rental agreement. Customer will receive no credit or refund for returning the vehicle with more gasoline in the tank than when it was picked-up. If there is a gasoline shortage, it will be charged at MXN$40 per litre.
We recommend using our Prepaid Fuel Option to save and speed up your check-out.
J) EXTRA HOURS
The minimum rental charge is for one day and is based on a 24-hour period. When returning the vehicle, there is a 30 minute grace period. After the grace period there will be a MXN$400.00 (sedans) or MXN$600.00 (SUV & MiniVans) charge for each hour, considered from the original return time, up to a maximum of 3 hours. After 3 hours of delay, a full day will be charged at the current rate.
K) VEHICLE RETURN AND RENTAL AGREEMENT EXTENSION
The date/time and place agreed to return the car, may only changed with prior authorization of Veico Car Rental. In case of breach of this provision by the client, in addition to the charges and penalties resulting therefrom, Veico Car Rental shall be entitled to then terminate the contract immediately and bring actions necessary to physically repossess the car wherever that it is and from whoever is driving it.
L) NON-SMOKING POLICY
To provide our customers with odor-free vehicles , smoking is prohibited in our vehicles. If the vehicle is returned with cigarette odor or waste , a MXN$2,500 charge for cleaning and deodorizing will apply.
M) TRAFFIC FINES
According to the terms of the contract, the customer is responsible for the payment of traffic fines occurred during the period in which he/she was in possession of the vehicle . In addition to the cost of the fine, a processing fee of MXN $1,500 applies. These amounts will be charged to the customer’s credit card, when the vehicle is returned or at any time thereafter.
N) MISSING KEYS, PLATES OR VEHICLE’S REGISTRATION CARD
Keys, vehicle’s registration card and plates are not included in any coverage, therefore the customer must pay the following amounts in case of loss or damage :
Keys: MXN$4500-MXN$20,000. (Depending on the model)
Vehicle’s Registration Card: MXN$6,500.
Plates: MXN$6,500 (each).
O) AFTER HOURS EXTENSION
When the customer needs to pick up or return the car outside of our regular office hours, they must contact us to request an “after-hours extension.” If such an extension is authorized, an additional charge will apply according to the following:
Extension < 4 hours: $300
Extension > 4 hours and < 6 hours: $500.
P) ASSOCIATED SERVICE OPERATORS
Veico Car Rental is proud to provide directly to its customers the services and products it offers through veico.com. However, in certain destinations during certain periods, some of our services may be operated by one of our commercial partners. In this case, Veico Car Renal guarantees that the agreed terms and conditions will not be modified by the service operator and you that will enjoy the same benefits as when receiving the service directly from Veico Car Rental.